Here’s some more cool stuff to do in Austin!! Check it out.
Sunday Nov. 18, 2018
1. Art 84 Celebrate Austin’s love of dance & music through abstract & figurative art at ART 84. 2018 EAST Austin Studio Tour Nov 18 11am-6pm, Address 84 Waller St.
2. Manifest Moustache Sunday 10am-noon at Brentwood Social House, 1601 W. Koenig Lane Austin, TX 78756. These guys are swing dancers and musicians.
3. Sammy’s Satin Sounds Geraldine’s at Hotel Van Zandt 605 Davis St, Austin, TX 78701. Sunday 11am-1pm Jazz Brunch. Benny Goodman tribute 6 pc. band.
4. Scrapelli (French gypsy jazz) Sunday Noon -? Radio Coffee and Beer, 4204 Manchaca Rd.
5. Slow Cooked Sunday, Stay Gold, 1910 Cesar Chavez St. E., 9pm - midnight. Original soul music.
6. Mitch Watkins trio, 9:30pm – 1:30am. Elephant Room, 315 Congress Ave. No cover charge. One of the top jazz guitarists in Austin (toured with Leonard Cohen).
Monday Nov. 19, 2018
1. Rigel Thurston solo piano and vocals (Rigel is a seasoned swing dancer who occasionally shows up at the Fed) Monday Nov. 19, 6-10 at Trulucks downtown 400 Colorado St.
2. Texas Moaners at Quality Seafood 5621 Airport Blvd., 6:30-8:30pm. No cover charge. Sidney Bechet tribute band. Call to make sure they are playing. Tel. 512-454-5828.
4. “Church on Monday” – Nov. 19, 8:30-10pm. $5 cover. Continental Club, upstairs. Straight ahead jazz featuring stellar Austin talent including Elias Haslanger, James Polk, Tommy Howard, Daniel Durham, Scott Lanningham.
5. Michael Hale trio – Nov. 19, 10:30-midnight. Continental Club, upstairs. Top flight musicians.
6. Monday night jam Nov. 19 9:30pm – 1:30 am. Elephant Room 315 Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78701. Heavyweights show up at this professional jazz jam session. No cover charge!
7. Jon Blondell quartet. Elephant Room, 315 Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78701Monday night early show – 6pm – 8pm. No cover charge.
8. Swing Dance Lessons 8:15-9pm at the Highball, 1120 S. Lamar Blvd, 512-383-8309. Free.
9. Matchmaker band – at the Highball, 1120 S. Lamar Blvd, 512-383-8309. Motown Monday, $5 cover. Great Motown group! 9pm-11pm.
10. Tragic Mondays with Bonnie Whitmore and the Sad Girls, 9:30pm-12:30am, at Stay Gold, 1910 Cesar Chavez St. E.
11. Bluegrass jam Mon Nov. 19, 8pm –? at Radio Coffee and Beer 4204 Manchaca Rd
Austin, Texas 78704
12. Huerta Culture at Whip In Convenience Store, Monday Nov. 19, 8-10pm. Latin infused South Austin dance music. No cover charge. Dinner and beers on tap. Address 1950 S. I-35, exit I-35 South at Woodward exit. Whip In is on your right as you go uphill. Uniquely Austin!
13. Why? Plays Alopecia at Mohawk outside 912 Red River St, Austin, TX 78701 doors open 6:30pm. $15-18.
14. Blue Tongue, Sheilava, & Cluster Funk at Mohawk inside 8pm, 912 Red River St, Austin, TX 78701 $10.
15. EastSide Blues Syndicate Blue Monday Blues Jam, 9:19pm – 12:30am at Dozen Street, 1808 E. 12th Street, Austin TX 78702